This is the Durapatch UV Light Activated Reinforced Self-Adhesive Tank Repair Patch (3" x 6"). Durapatch is a very unique, easy-to-use UV or sunlight activated, self-adhesive repair patch. It is reinforced Polyester with extremely good adhesion properties for long lasting repairs. The patch is non-flammable, non-toxic, and the adhesive is not harmful to the skin. Easy to apply, no mixing, no weighing - one step, no mess. FDA approved safe.Pro-Facts:
- Easy application - just cut, peel and stick!
- Extremely durable, reinforced Polyester/Plastic
- Flexible and waterproof, weather and UV resistant
- Can be drilled, tapped, sanded and painted in less than an hour
- Constantly temperature resistant from -40 deg C to 200 deg C
- Resistant against many chemicals, solvents & oils
- No shrinkage or expansion during the application or after curing
- Bonds to all tank surfaces (Polyethylene, Galvanized & Stainless Steel)
- Durapatch does NOT bond to Polypropylene (PP)
- Fast curing (staring with 5 minutes depending on the UV intensity)
- Available in 2" x 3", 3" x 6", 6" x 9" and 9" x 12" sizes
1. Surface should be cleaned, dry and free of any contaminates. Cut patch into any size you want without exposing to UV/Sunlight. Place remaining material back in foil protective bag.
2. Remove white backing tape to expose the sticky resin. Apply patch to repair area with sticky side down and press firmly.
3. Remove film backin on other side of application and expose to UV or sunlight. Curing times depend on UV intesity between 5 minutes (sunny) and 50 minutes (cloudy) or use a UV light indoors with a minimum of 51 lumens.