This is a Galvanized Steel Water Storage Cistern Tank - 400 Gallon made by Texas Metal Tanks. The galvanized steel tanks are G-90 grade 20 gauge metal made in the USA. We do not import foreign steel. The top is 22 gauge. After the tank is constructed, a paint / epoxy lining is applied to the interior of the tank to provide a protective barrier between the water and the metal itself. This product is FDA approved for potable (drinking) water applications and is ANSI / NSF 61 certified. Each tank is tested at the factory to ensure that it is watertight. With almost 90 years of history, these tanks have a typical lifespan of 30 - 35 years. Galvanized tanks have a one-year warranty.
Features and Options
NOTE: Tanks should be installed on a solid base. Concrete pads or crushed granite are recommended.
- Dimensions: 3'6" Diameter x 5'8" Height - NOTE: Dimensions listed are eave height. The top adds 6 - 15" to total height, depending on size of tank.
- Weight: 169 lbs
- Fittings: Most tanks have three fittings - an inlet, an outlet, and an overflow. The price above only includes one bulkhead connection for an outlet. All other fittings are optional.
- Inlet: Options include 3" or 4" male PVC adapter or a basket. The PVC adapter goes in the side of the tank on the side. Connect 3" or 4" schedule 40 PVC.
- Basket: The basket comes in two sizes, 12" or 16". This is inserted in the top of the tank near the edge. With a basket, you can spin the top so that the basket is under a downspout. With the basket positioned correctly, secure the top in place.
- Overflow: Options include 3" or 4" male PVC adapter. The overflow sticks out about 2". You can leave it as is, extend it, or run pvc pipe to the ground and direct the overflow as appropriate.
- Outlet: Options include 3/4", 1 1/4", or 2" PVC bulkhead connection. This watertight seal is threaded. Most tanks 1000 gallons or less get a 3/4" bulkhead. This allows you to screw in a 3/4" spigot. Attach a hose and you can gravity feed the water to your garden or trees. If you are going to pressurize the water with a pump, or may do so in the future, choose an 1 1/4" or 2" bulkhead. You can always reduce it with a bushing.
- Inspection Port: An optional 12" inspection hatch can be added to any tank.
Texas Metal Tanks Shipping & Return Details:
All Texas Metal Tanks cisterns will be delivered to your residence by a LTL or flatbed freight carrier. Please inspect all items upon receipt of shipment and DO NOT accept delivery and DO NOT sign the delivery ticket if you believe the items to be damaged. Signing a delivery ticket will relieve the freight carrier of any claim. Please report damaged shipments to customer service within 24 hours of discovery so we can file a freight claim for you. Should any items be missing, please contact us so we can issue a shipment of missing parts.
Returns will NOT be accepted as these water tanks are custom built to your exact specifications.
Orders for Texas Metal Tanks may be cancelled as long as they have not yet entered production at the factory.
Texas Metal Tanks Warranty Details:
All Texas Metal Tanks in galvanized steel come with a 1-year warranty. All stainless steel tanks come with a 5-year warranty.